THE HAGUE – Today we denounced the human rights violations in Chile. We demand the release of all political prisoners and respect for the citizens who are exercising their right to protest. We demand truth, justice and reparation for the victims of the criminal government of Sebastian Piñera and we ask the International Criminal Court to review the documents sent by Judge Garzon and other human rights organization so that Piñera can be judged in a trial at ICC of The Hague.
Download our Public Statement “Piñera to The International Criminal Court” by Chile Woke Up the Netherlands in the next link
Demonstration in The Peace Palace, The Hague, on 29th March, 2021.
Performance “Tío Tatán” By Chile Despertó Holanda.
Lyrics adaptation “Tío Caimán” by Quilapayún.
We were demanding the immediate freedom of all political prisoners in Chile, also the prosecution of the crimes against human rights and the reparation to the victims, as well as the international prosecution of President S. Piñera in the International Criminal Court for the crimes against the humanity that his government has committed.
[Thursday’s Gathering] The fight of the social movements towards extractivism of the neoliberal economic model
Next Thursday september 3rd 2020
13:00 hrs Chile, 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands.
Join us here in the Zoom meeting.
- Rodrigo Mundaca. National spokeperson for MODATIMA, Movement for the Defense of Access to Water. The defense and recovery of water in Chile; problems and challenges.
- Francisca Rodríguez. President of ANAMURI, National Association of Rural and Indigenous Women. Food sovereignty; perspectives and challenges facing an economic model of land exploitation.
- Director of ANAMURI. Exploitation in agricultural work and international solidarity.
- Spokesperson for the Putaendo Resiste Association. Vizcachitas Holding mining project and the new environmental threat to the Aconcagua Valley.
Next thursday august 20th
- 13:00 hrs. Chile
- 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands
- Giovanna Tabilo Jara Lawentuchefe: Doctor, spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Cristina Romo Peralta: Spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Millaray Painemal Morales: Coordinator of the Trawun pu Zomo Mapuche Women’s Network of Cholchol, Ninth region. National manager of the Anamuri Indigenous Peoples commission.
Next thursday august 13th 2020
13:00 hrs. Chile / 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands.
“Indigenous people of Chile and their rights taken by the chilean State”
- Elisa Loncon Antileo. Mapuche Academica, Coordinator of The Network for Educational and Linguistic Rights of the Indigenous People of Chile. PhD in Humanities, University of Leiden, The Netherlands; Master in Linguistics from the Autonomous Metropolitan University of Mexico.
- Luis Llanquilef Rerequeo. Lonco Mapuche Lafkenche, Sociologist and activist for territorial defense in the face of the progress of extractive and forestry projects in the coast of Valdivia, south of Chile. Colaborator of the Mapuche Center of Human Rights.
- Leyla Noriega. Aymara and Journalist. Producer and host of the radio program AYNI, space for the promotion and education in Human Rights and current affairs of indigenous peoples and social movements.
- Alexa Garin-Fernandez. Aymara, feminist of color and Microbiologist (PhD) Jacobs University Bremen, Germany.
Meeting Video Available in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w5adI-ydrY&list=PLe9ZezE5BWGcQex0xe3KM6tQNpDdeT7NC&index=20