In July 2020, after a few months break in our activities due to the Corona Pandemic, the conversation group Thursday’s Gathering and Chile Woke Up The Netherlands began their collaboration to produce the virtual meetings “The Thursday’s Gathering Presents”, instance organized to contribute with a critical and purposeful collective reflection, between Chilean people residing out of Chile and people directly linked with the social and political movements that
want the Chilean social and political transformation, such as; academics, social and environmental activists, union labor leaders, family and defenders of political prisoners, among others. Later, from October 25th 2020, we call special meetings with independent candidates (of political parties) for the Constitutional Convention, an organism popularly elected to write the new Chilean constitution.
In total we produced 23 meetings with different topics. All of them are available to watch in our Youtube Channel or in “La Tertulia del Jueves” Youtube Channel.
Meetings videos are available in the next link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeXdL_F4Km9D0NFBiCExIP_GJUm-kiDdr (Spanish Language)
Next Thursday September 17th, 2020.
14:00 hrs. Chile. 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands
- José Peralta Martínez: labor lawyer, advisor to Federations and Unions. Defender of workers’ rights and freedom of association before the ILO (International Labor Organization) and the Senate of Chile.
- Andrés Giordano Salazar: President of the Starbucks Chile Union and spokesperson for the First Line of Union.
- Gisella Olguín Godoy: representative of the National Union of Women Sea and Agroindustry Workers, member of ANAMURI.
[Thursday’s Gathering] The 40 measures taken by the Popular Unity, current situation and the Constituent Process
Next Thursday September 10th, 2020.
13:00 hrs. Chile, 10:00 hrs. the Netherlands.
Live streaming through the YouTube channel od Chile Despertó Internacional.
- Jorge Baradit: chilean writer, author of the trilogy “Secret History of Chile”.
- Gustavo Ruz: coordinator of Constituent Assembly Movement.
- Manuel Jacques: lawyer, former president of the Christian Left and president of the NGO El Canelo de Nos.
- Pablo Garrido: former chief of the Agrarian Reform Corporation in Aconcagua in the government of Salvador Allende.
Next thursday august 20th
- 13:00 hrs. Chile
- 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands
- Giovanna Tabilo Jara Lawentuchefe: Doctor, spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Cristina Romo Peralta: Spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Millaray Painemal Morales: Coordinator of the Trawun pu Zomo Mapuche Women’s Network of Cholchol, Ninth region. National manager of the Anamuri Indigenous Peoples commission.
Next thursday august 13th 2020
13:00 hrs. Chile / 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands.
“Indigenous people of Chile and their rights taken by the chilean State”
- Elisa Loncon Antileo. Mapuche Academica, Coordinator of The Network for Educational and Linguistic Rights of the Indigenous People of Chile. PhD in Humanities, University of Leiden, The Netherlands; Master in Linguistics from the Autonomous Metropolitan University of Mexico.
- Luis Llanquilef Rerequeo. Lonco Mapuche Lafkenche, Sociologist and activist for territorial defense in the face of the progress of extractive and forestry projects in the coast of Valdivia, south of Chile. Colaborator of the Mapuche Center of Human Rights.
- Leyla Noriega. Aymara and Journalist. Producer and host of the radio program AYNI, space for the promotion and education in Human Rights and current affairs of indigenous peoples and social movements.
- Alexa Garin-Fernandez. Aymara, feminist of color and Microbiologist (PhD) Jacobs University Bremen, Germany.
Meeting Video Available in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w5adI-ydrY&list=PLe9ZezE5BWGcQex0xe3KM6tQNpDdeT7NC&index=20