In July 2020, after a few months break in our activities due to the Corona Pandemic, the conversation group Thursday’s Gathering and Chile Woke Up The Netherlands began their collaboration to produce the virtual meetings “The Thursday’s Gathering Presents”, instance organized to contribute with a critical and purposeful collective reflection, between Chilean people residing out of Chile and people directly linked with the social and political movements that
want the Chilean social and political transformation, such as; academics, social and environmental activists, union labor leaders, family and defenders of political prisoners, among others. Later, from October 25th 2020, we call special meetings with independent candidates (of political parties) for the Constitutional Convention, an organism popularly elected to write the new Chilean constitution.
In total we produced 23 meetings with different topics. All of them are available to watch in our Youtube Channel or in “La Tertulia del Jueves” Youtube Channel.
Meetings videos are available in the next link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeXdL_F4Km9D0NFBiCExIP_GJUm-kiDdr (Spanish Language)
“The Thursday’s Gathering Presents”, “Freedom, Justice and Reparation for the Political Prisoners of the October Revolt”.
With this virtual meeting we seek to denounce and make visible the existence of Political Prison in Chile, especially that caused by the abusive, disproportionate and criminal response by the Chilean State, and the criminal government of S.Piñera since October 2019. Especially, we want to contribute to the generation of concrete actions that allow us to advance towards the urgent freedom, justice and effective reparation for the political prisoners of the October Revolt, and for all the victims of political imprisonment and Human Rights violations in Chile.
To reflect on this urgent matter we are talking with: Cesar Maximiliano Moreno Donoso and his mother Gemita Donoso, Political Prisoner of the October Revolt. Osvaldo Duran, father of José Ignacio Durán, Political Prisoner of the October Revolt, Oriana Astudillo, Counselor of the family of the student political prisoner of the October Revolt Carlos Peyrin. Also, with Rubén Rivas, member of the Group of Relatives of Political Prisoners of the October Revolt “Guacoldas”, and Isabel Mayorga, Human Rights Observer of the Ethical Commission against Torture in Chile, in Valdivia region.
Available in the next link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC3SjKEEkSw&list=PLeXdL_F4Km9D0NFBiCExIP_GJUm-kiDdr&index=6&t=7s
[Thursday’s Gathering] The 40 measures taken by the Popular Unity, current situation and the Constituent Process
Next Thursday September 10th, 2020.
13:00 hrs. Chile, 10:00 hrs. the Netherlands.
Live streaming through the YouTube channel od Chile Despertó Internacional.
- Jorge Baradit: chilean writer, author of the trilogy “Secret History of Chile”.
- Gustavo Ruz: coordinator of Constituent Assembly Movement.
- Manuel Jacques: lawyer, former president of the Christian Left and president of the NGO El Canelo de Nos.
- Pablo Garrido: former chief of the Agrarian Reform Corporation in Aconcagua in the government of Salvador Allende.
[Thursday’s Gathering] The fight of the social movements towards extractivism of the neoliberal economic model
Next Thursday september 3rd 2020
13:00 hrs Chile, 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands.
Join us here in the Zoom meeting.
- Rodrigo Mundaca. National spokeperson for MODATIMA, Movement for the Defense of Access to Water. The defense and recovery of water in Chile; problems and challenges.
- Francisca Rodríguez. President of ANAMURI, National Association of Rural and Indigenous Women. Food sovereignty; perspectives and challenges facing an economic model of land exploitation.
- Director of ANAMURI. Exploitation in agricultural work and international solidarity.
- Spokesperson for the Putaendo Resiste Association. Vizcachitas Holding mining project and the new environmental threat to the Aconcagua Valley.
Next thursday august 20th
- 13:00 hrs. Chile
- 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands
- Giovanna Tabilo Jara Lawentuchefe: Doctor, spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Cristina Romo Peralta: Spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Millaray Painemal Morales: Coordinator of the Trawun pu Zomo Mapuche Women’s Network of Cholchol, Ninth region. National manager of the Anamuri Indigenous Peoples commission.