In July 2020, after a few months break in our activities due to the Corona Pandemic, the conversation group Thursday’s Gathering and Chile Woke Up The Netherlands began their collaboration to produce the virtual meetings “The Thursday’s Gathering Presents”, instance organized to contribute with a critical and purposeful collective reflection, between Chilean people residing out of Chile and people directly linked with the social and political movements that
want the Chilean social and political transformation, such as; academics, social and environmental activists, union labor leaders, family and defenders of political prisoners, among others. Later, from October 25th 2020, we call special meetings with independent candidates (of political parties) for the Constitutional Convention, an organism popularly elected to write the new Chilean constitution.
In total we produced 23 meetings with different topics. All of them are available to watch in our Youtube Channel or in “La Tertulia del Jueves” Youtube Channel.
Meetings videos are available in the next link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeXdL_F4Km9D0NFBiCExIP_GJUm-kiDdr (Spanish Language)
[The Thursday’s Gathering Presents] Reflexions over the Plebiscite for a new Constitution with Gabriel Salazar
We invite you to participate in the discussion “Reflections on the plebiscite of October 25th with Gabriel Salazar. Has popular sovereignty been manifested?”
Participate through Zoom is this Thursday, October 29, at 3:00 p.m. Chile and 19 hrs. The Netherlands and Central Europe.
We want to reflect together with the Professor, National History Prize winner, Gabriel Salazar, on the historical antecedents that led to the plebiscite of October 25th, as an “institutional” solution to the social and political crisis, which has remained in evidence after the revolt of October 18th, 2019. And on the real options (or not) that are opened with its results, as a reflection of popular sovereignty, for the resolution of the problems of inequality, inequity, injustice and impunity (so urgent and rooted in our history). As well as, in the deep transformation of the State, towards one that guarantees respect for dignity, Human and social Rights, as well as the integral and autonomous development of people, peoples and communities.
- Connect by entering the link: https://zoom.us/j/99750264730
- Live broadcast by the Chile Despertó Holanda Channel on Youtube
Next Thursday September 17th, 2020.
14:00 hrs. Chile. 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands
- José Peralta Martínez: labor lawyer, advisor to Federations and Unions. Defender of workers’ rights and freedom of association before the ILO (International Labor Organization) and the Senate of Chile.
- Andrés Giordano Salazar: President of the Starbucks Chile Union and spokesperson for the First Line of Union.
- Gisella Olguín Godoy: representative of the National Union of Women Sea and Agroindustry Workers, member of ANAMURI.
Next thursday august 20th
- 13:00 hrs. Chile
- 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands
- Giovanna Tabilo Jara Lawentuchefe: Doctor, spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Cristina Romo Peralta: Spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Millaray Painemal Morales: Coordinator of the Trawun pu Zomo Mapuche Women’s Network of Cholchol, Ninth region. National manager of the Anamuri Indigenous Peoples commission.