In July 2020, after a few months break in our activities due to the Corona Pandemic, the conversation group Thursday’s Gathering and Chile Woke Up The Netherlands began their collaboration to produce the virtual meetings “The Thursday’s Gathering Presents”, instance organized to contribute with a critical and purposeful collective reflection, between Chilean people residing out of Chile and people directly linked with the social and political movements that
want the Chilean social and political transformation, such as; academics, social and environmental activists, union labor leaders, family and defenders of political prisoners, among others. Later, from October 25th 2020, we call special meetings with independent candidates (of political parties) for the Constitutional Convention, an organism popularly elected to write the new Chilean constitution.
In total we produced 23 meetings with different topics. All of them are available to watch in our Youtube Channel or in “La Tertulia del Jueves” Youtube Channel.
Meetings videos are available in the next link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeXdL_F4Km9D0NFBiCExIP_GJUm-kiDdr (Spanish Language)
[Thursday’s Gathering] The fight of the social movements towards extractivism of the neoliberal economic model
Next Thursday september 3rd 2020
13:00 hrs Chile, 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands.
Join us here in the Zoom meeting.
- Rodrigo Mundaca. National spokeperson for MODATIMA, Movement for the Defense of Access to Water. The defense and recovery of water in Chile; problems and challenges.
- Francisca Rodríguez. President of ANAMURI, National Association of Rural and Indigenous Women. Food sovereignty; perspectives and challenges facing an economic model of land exploitation.
- Director of ANAMURI. Exploitation in agricultural work and international solidarity.
- Spokesperson for the Putaendo Resiste Association. Vizcachitas Holding mining project and the new environmental threat to the Aconcagua Valley.
Next thursday august 20th
- 13:00 hrs. Chile
- 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands
- Giovanna Tabilo Jara Lawentuchefe: Doctor, spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Cristina Romo Peralta: Spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Millaray Painemal Morales: Coordinator of the Trawun pu Zomo Mapuche Women’s Network of Cholchol, Ninth region. National manager of the Anamuri Indigenous Peoples commission.
Next thursday august 13th 2020
13:00 hrs. Chile / 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands.
“Indigenous people of Chile and their rights taken by the chilean State”
- Elisa Loncon Antileo. Mapuche Academica, Coordinator of The Network for Educational and Linguistic Rights of the Indigenous People of Chile. PhD in Humanities, University of Leiden, The Netherlands; Master in Linguistics from the Autonomous Metropolitan University of Mexico.
- Luis Llanquilef Rerequeo. Lonco Mapuche Lafkenche, Sociologist and activist for territorial defense in the face of the progress of extractive and forestry projects in the coast of Valdivia, south of Chile. Colaborator of the Mapuche Center of Human Rights.
- Leyla Noriega. Aymara and Journalist. Producer and host of the radio program AYNI, space for the promotion and education in Human Rights and current affairs of indigenous peoples and social movements.
- Alexa Garin-Fernandez. Aymara, feminist of color and Microbiologist (PhD) Jacobs University Bremen, Germany.
Meeting Video Available in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w5adI-ydrY&list=PLe9ZezE5BWGcQex0xe3KM6tQNpDdeT7NC&index=20