We invite you to participate in the discussion “Reflections on the plebiscite of October 25th with Gabriel Salazar. Has popular sovereignty been manifested?”
Participate through Zoom is this Thursday, October 29, at 3:00 p.m. Chile and 19 hrs. The Netherlands and Central Europe.
We want to reflect together with the Professor, National History Prize winner, Gabriel Salazar, on the historical antecedents that led to the plebiscite of October 25th, as an “institutional” solution to the social and political crisis, which has remained in evidence after the revolt of October 18th, 2019. And on the real options (or not) that are opened with its results, as a reflection of popular sovereignty, for the resolution of the problems of inequality, inequity, injustice and impunity (so urgent and rooted in our history). As well as, in the deep transformation of the State, towards one that guarantees respect for dignity, Human and social Rights, as well as the integral and autonomous development of people, peoples and communities.
- Connect by entering the link: https://zoom.us/j/99750264730
- Live broadcast by the Chile Despertó Holanda Channel on Youtube
Next thursday september 17th
14:00 hrs. Chile. 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands
- José Peralta Martínez: labor lawyer, advisor to Federations and Unions. Defender of workers’ rights and freedom of association before the ILO (International Labor Organization) and the Senate of Chile.
- Andrés Giordano Salazar: President of the Starbucks Chile Union and spokesperson for the First Line of Union.
- Gisella Olguín Godoy: representative of the National Union of Women Sea and Agroindustry Workers, member of ANAMURI.
[Thursday’s Gathering] The 40 measures taken by the Popular Unity, current situation and the Constituent Process
Next thursday september 10th.
13:00 hrs. Chile, 10:00 hrs. The Netherlands.
Live streaming through the YouTube channel od Chile Despertó Internacional.
- Jorge Baradit: chilean writer, author of the trilogy “Secret History of Chile”.
- Gustavo Ruz: coordinator of Constituent Assembly Movement.
- Manuel Jacques: lawyer, former president of the Christian Left and president of the NGO El Canelo de Nos.
- Pablo Garrido: former chief of the Agrarian Reform Corporation in Aconcagua in the government of Salvador Allende.
[Thursday’s Gathering] The fight of the social movements towards extractivism of the neoliberal economic model
Next Thursday september 3rd 2020
13:00 hrs Chile, 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands.
Join us here in the Zoom meeting.
- Rodrigo Mundaca. National spokeperson for MODATIMA, Movement for the Defense of Access to Water. The defense and recovery of water in Chile; problems and challenges.
- Francisca Rodríguez. President of ANAMURI, National Association of Rural and Indigenous Women. Food sovereignty; perspectives and challenges facing an economic model of land exploitation.
- . Director of ANAMURI. Exploitation in agricultural work and international solidarity.
- . Spokesperson for the Putaendo Resiste Association. Vizcachitas Holding mining project and the new environmental threat to the Aconcagua Valley.
Next thursday august 20th
- 13:00 hrs. Chile
- 19:00 hrs. The Netherlands
- Giovanna Tabilo Jara Lawentuchefe: Doctor, spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Cristina Romo Peralta: Spokeswoman for the machi Celestino Córdova.
- Millaray Painemal Morales: Coordinator of the Trawun pu Zomo Mapuche Women’s Network of Cholchol, Ninth region. National manager of the Anamuri Indigenous Peoples commission.